Next: X-Windows Prev: Processes Up: Top
Operating System Interface
This chapter is about starting and getting out of Emacs, access to
values in the operating system environment, and terminal input, output
and flow control.
Note: Building Emacs, for related information. See also *Note
Display::, for additional operating system status information
pertaining to the terminal and the screen.
- Starting Up
- Customizing Emacs start-up processing.
- Getting Out
- How exiting works (permanent or temporary).
- System Environment
- Distinguish the name and kind of system.
- User Identification
- Finding the name and user id of the user.
- Time of Day
- Getting the current time.
- Setting a timer to call a function at a certain time.
- Terminal Input
- Recording terminal input for debugging.
- Terminal Output
- Recording terminal output for debugging.
- Flow Control
- How to turn output flow control on or off.
- Batch Mode
- Running Emacs without terminal interaction.
automatically generated by info2www