Next: Window-System Types Prev: Programming Types Up: Types of Lisp Object
The types in the previous section are common to many Lisp-like
languages. But Emacs Lisp provides several additional data types for
purposes connected with editing.
- Buffer Type
- The basic object of editing.
- Window Type
- Buffers are displayed in windows.
- Screen Type
- Windows subdivide screens.
- Window Configuration Type
- Recording the way a screen is subdivided.
- Marker Type
- A position in a buffer.
- Process Type
- A process running on the underlying OS.
- Stream Type
- Receive or send characters.
- Keymap Type
- What function a keystroke invokes.
- Syntax Table Type
- What a character means.
- Display Table Type
- How display tables are represented.
- Extent Type
- How an extent is represented.
automatically generated by info2www