Next: Major Modes Prev: Buffers Up: Top
Emacs can split the screen into two or many windows, which can
display parts of different buffers or different parts of one buffer.
If you are running Lucid GNU Emacs under X, that means you can have the
X window that contains the Emacs screen have multiple subwindows.
- Basic Window
- Introduction to Emacs windows.
- Split Window
- New windows are made by splitting existing windows.
- Other Window
- Moving to another window or doing something to it.
- Pop Up Window
- Finding a file or buffer in another window.
- Change Window
- Deleting windows and changing their sizes.
automatically generated by info2www