Next: Installation Prev: Acknowledgements Up: Top
ILISP is an interface from GNU Emacs to an inferior LISP. It has the
* Runs under emacs-18, fsf emacs-19, and Lucid emacs-19.
* Support for multiple LISP dialects including Lucid, Allegro and CMU
on multiple machines even at the same time.
* Dynamically sized pop-up windows that can be buried and scrolled
from any window.
* Packages are properly handled including the distinction between
exported and internal symbols.
* Synchronous, asynchronous or batch eval and compile of files,
regions, definitions and sexps with optional switching and
* Arglist, documentation, describe, inspect and macroexpand.
* Completion of filename components and LISP symbols including
* Find source both with and without help from the inferior LISP,
including CLOS methods, multiple definitions and multiple files.
* Edit the callers of a function with and without help from the
* Trace/untrace a function.
* `M-q' ("Fill-paragraph") works properly on paragraphs in comments,
strings and code.
* Find unbalanced parentheses.
* Super brackets.
* Handles editing, entering and indenting full LISP expressions.
* Next, previous, and similar history mechanism compatible with
* Handles LISP errors.
* Result histories are maintained in the inferior LISP.
* Does not create spurious symbols and handles case issues.
* Online manuals for ILISP and Common LISP.
automatically generated by info2www