Next: Using Autotest Prev: config.status Invocation Up: Top
17 Obsolete Constructs
Autoconf changes, and throughout the years some constructs have been
obsoleted. Most of the changes involve the macros, but in some cases
the tools themselves, or even some concepts, are now considered
You may completely skip this chapter if you are new to Autoconf. Its
intention is mainly to help maintainers updating their packages by
understanding how to move to more modern constructs.
- Obsolete config.status Use
- Obsolete convention for `config.status'
- acconfig Header
- Additional entries in `config.h.in'
- autoupdate Invocation
- Automatic update of `configure.ac'
- Obsolete Macros
- Backward compatibility macros
- Autoconf 1
- Tips for upgrading your files
- Autoconf 2.13
- Some fresher tips
automatically generated by info2www