Administrative Info: 15-463 Spring 95
- Office: Doherty Hall 4301A
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hours: Tue 4:30-5:30, or by appointment (send email)
Non-electronic handouts missed in class may be picked up from my
- Office: Doherty Hall 4306
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hours: Wed 1:00-2:00
- Office: Doherty Hall 4301G, x8-7897
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The class Home Page is the
primary online source for documents and info.
- The class newsgroup is cmu.cs.class.cs463. This bboard will serve as
a Q&A forum. Feel free to ask questions or exchange information.
We'll read the group and answer. We'll also post important official
announcements there, as well as in the WWW page.
Each registered student will get a subdirectory in
named after her/his Andrew ID, to be used for electronic
submission of assignments, and to meet your class-related storage
needs. To get a directory you need to
sign in electronically.
(computer graphics modeling, including knowledge of 4x4
affine and perspective transformations, parametric surfaces,
polygon scan conversion), linear algebra, a little calculus.
- Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice,
2nd edition. Foley, van Dam, Feiner, and Hughes.
- Advanced Animation and Rendering Techniques, Watt and Watt.
- An Introduction To Ray Tracing, Andrew
Glassner (ed.). Academic Press, 1989.
- Digital Image Processing, Gonzalez and Woods. Addison-Wesley,
- 65% homework (probably 4 programming and 2 written). Late
policy: 20% off per class day.
The programming assignments will be:
- Assignment P1: morphing animation
- Assignment P2: ray casting (non-recursive ray tracing)
- Assignment P3: recursive ray tracing
- Assignment P4: radiosity
- 35% midterm & final
You can use any language or machine you like, but you
must write the software yourself. A few accounts are available on
the Silicon Graphics workstations in Doherty Hall 2300, which have
24 bits per pixel.
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org 01/19/95