Agents for Electronic Commerce and
Managing the Internet-Enabled Supply Chain
Seattle, Washington, May 1, 1999
Call for Papers
The workshop invites the presentation of current work and position statements on future developments in the
following (non-exhaustive) topics:
- Eliciting preference information regarding trade-offs between cost, quality, customer-satisfaction and manufacturing
efficiency for large volumes of transactions.
- Efficient generation of options.
- Agent to agent negotiation, for example, negotiation to determine price and conditions for contracts.
- Filtering of options to reduce the burden on human decision-makers.
- Meaningful presentation of alternatives that illustrate critical trade-offs.
- The opportunities for agent based brokers, resellers and market-makers in an e-commerce environment.
- The role of auctions, barter and other means of exchange.