GCL stands for "Graphics Class Library", and is a collection of useful graphics-oriented routines I use in my work.
GCL includes the following:
- Useful geometry and colour utilities. (Geometry.h, Colour.h)
- Standard scene graph functionality for constructing and displaying hierarchical scenes. (SceneLang.h)
- Readers and writers for a number of scene file formats. (SceneReader, SceneWriter.)
- Support for a generic rendering class, Renderer. Current renderers:
- Support for avars, and simple keyframe animation. (Avars.h, Animation.h)
- Support for multiresolution models; both edge-collapse (geometry simplification) and face-cluster (geometry aggregation). (MRModel.h)
- Vector and Matrix utilities. (VecUtil.h, MatUtil.h)
- Simple X windows window handling and image display support. (XGraphicsSystem, XPane, XEventPane)
The default distribution builds the library, as well as a number of command line tools that use that library.