- Exam 1 will be held on Tuesday, Nov 11, 9:00am-10:20am, in Doherty 2315.
- It will cover the following topics (book chapters and example problems are also indicated):
- Optimizing program performance (Chapter 5)
- Cache simulation (Chapter 6.4, Problem 6.9)
- Miss rate analysis (Chapter 6.5-6.6, Problem 6.15)
- Analyzing code for conflict misses (Problem 6.14)
- Fork, wait, and signals (Chapter 8)
- Address translation (Chapter 10, Problem 10.4)
- The exam will not cover linking (Chap 7), time measurement (Chap 9),
or dynamic storage allocation (Chap 10.9-10.11).
- To study for the exam:
- Read Chapters 5, 6, 8, and 10.1-10.6.
- Work the problems from previous exams:
- Work the practice problems in the back of the book.
- Come to recitation on Monday prepared with specific questions.
- Good luck!
Last modified: Mon Mar 11 20:40:16 EST 2002