Lab 2 - Defusing a binary bomb
- We can neither confirm nor deny the rumor that there is a secret 7th
phase. However, if there were a secret phase, there would be no extra
credit for solving it. Instead, the students who solved it would be
immortalized in a "Wall of Fame" on the course Web page.
- Please don't modify your bomb binaries. NONE of the phases
require you to modify the binary in order to defuse them.
- We have records of every defusing/exploding string. We'll use
these to validate your solutions and resolve questions about explosions.
- Don't worry about a few accidental explosions. Dr. Evil isn't really
as evil as he claims. Lab scores are always rounded up to the nearest
integer, so you get three free explosions.
- Your bomb requests should NOT include any brackets on the
Subject line. For example, if your group is foo@andrew and bar@andrew,
the subject line should be: bomb request fall01 foo@andrew bar@andrew
Last modified: Thu Sep 13 13:23:27 EDT 2001